Sponsor your spouse, partner or child

  • TCAD Immigration Solutions

You can sponsor your spousecommon-law partnerconjugal partner or dependent children

  • Your Spouse: To be eligible, your spouse can be either sex and must be legally married to you and at least 18 years old
  • Your common-law partner: This category applies to common-law partner who isn’t legally married to you, is at least 18 years old, has been living with you continuously for at least 12 months in a conjugal relationship. You should not be living apart for longer periods. You need to proof your relationship through documentation.
  • Your Conjugal Partner: This category applies to your conjugal partner who:
    • isn’t legally married to you or is in a common-law relationship (at least 12 months of continuous relation)
    • is at least 18 years old
    • has been in relationship with you for at least 1 year
    • lives outside Canada
    • Can’t live with you in their country of residence or marry you because of significant legal and immigration reasons.
  • Dependent Children: They can be sponsored if they are under 22 years of age and they don’t have a spouse or common law partner.

    Children who are 22 years of age or older may qualify if they are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition AND they have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22.

    **You can’t sponsor someone who is inadmissible to Canada.