Canada Citizenship / PR Card Renewal

Canadian Immigration Service Provider in Mississauga, ON


To become a Canadian citizen, most applicants must

  • be a permanent resident. This means you must not be under review for any fraud reason, under removal order, have not completed the conditions related to your PR status.
  • have lived in Canada for at least 3 out of the last 5 years (1,095 days) before the date you sign your application.
  • have filed their taxes for at least 3 years out of 5 years before the date you apply
  • prove their language skills in English or French-If you’re 18 to 54 years of age on the day you sign your application, you must show that you can speak and listen at a specific level in one of these languages.
  • pass a citizenship test

To check for eligibility whether if you can apply, TCAD Immigration solutions is there to assist you.

You can apply for renewal if you meeting following criteria

To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time abroad may count towards the 730 days

If you currently in Canada, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residence under Humanitarian & Compassionate stream. The Humanitarian & Compassionate application, also known as a H&C, provides foreign nationals in Canada with an opportunity to make an application for permanent residence based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. As such, people who would not normally be eligible to become permanent residents of Canada may be able to apply on these grounds, which are applied on a case-by-case basis. Factors taken into consideration include how settled the person is in Canada, their general family ties to Canada, the best interests of any children involved, and what could happen to the applicant in the event the request is not granted. H&C applications are discretionary applications, such that it is to be determined whether the circumstances of the case warrant an exemption to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

There are two processes that you must go through when you adopt a child from another country:

  1. The adoption process and
  2. The immigration process.

Most intercountry adoptions will take place in the child’s home country. Each country has different laws and procedures covering adoption by foreigners.

The immigration process allows two types of adoptions of children under 18. Depending on the law of the child’s home country, the intercountry adoption must either:

  • be completed outside of Canada; or
  • be completed in Canada.

For Canadian immigration purposes, all intercountry adoptions:

  • Must be legal in the child’s home country and in the province or territory where you live;
  • It Severs the legal relationship between child and biological parents;
  • It must be meeting the requirements of your province or territory which includes a home visit;
  • There must be a genuine relationship between the child and the parent;
  • It must be in the interests of the child;
  • It must not be to gain permanent resident status for the child in Canada.

Children adopted outside Canada may be sponsored to come to Canada if informed consent has been given by child’s biological parents (if they are living) and your child has been legally adopted outside Canada.

If applicable, the requirements of the Hague Convention must have been met.