Frequently Asked Questions About Immigration To Canada

  • TCAD Immigration Solutions

Categories: Canada Atlantic Immigration Program Canada Business Immigration Canada Immigration

Blog by TCAD Immigration Solutions

As a citizen of another country, you may have several questions and doubts on your mind when it comes to Canadian immigration and work visas. These questions may pertain to visa requirements, the application process, or other specifics that are imperative to successful Canadian immigration.

To clear your confusion and arm you with the information you need to make the right decisions, TCAD Immigration Solutions has answered some of the most frequently asked questions about sponsorship and immigration to Canada. These answers are based on our personal experience so that you have first-hand information to ensure you are prepared for the journey ahead.

1. I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents but didn’t get an email confirmation. How do I get it?

First, check the same email account you used on the interest to sponsor form and check junk email too. If you have yet to receive an invitation, you could send a web form stating your confirmation number, which everyone who submits interest to the sponsor form gets.

2. Who can apply for an intra-company transfer work permit to Canada?

Intra-company transfer program allows global companies to transfer three categories of employees to Canada: executives, senior managers, and specialized knowledge workers.

3. What is the requirement of a worker to be able to work as an intra-company transferee in Canada?

The prospective worker should have confirmation that the foreign national is currently employed by a multinational enterprise outside Canada and seeking entry to work in a parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate of that enterprise in Canada.

4. Under intra-company transfer, how long will I get the initial work permit for?

Under intra-company transfer, your initial work permit is issued for one year. It is possible to apply for a renewal post this period.

5. Do I need LMIA for an intra-company transfer work permit?

Employers bringing international staff to Canada as intra-company transferees are exempt from the requirement to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) as they provide significant economic benefit to Canada through the transfer of their expertise to Canadian businesses.

6. Under the intra-company work permit, what evidence is required for the employee’s specialized knowledge?

An ICT Specialized Knowledge Worker must possess an advanced level of expertise and proprietary knowledge of the company’s product, service, research, equipment, techniques, or management. Documentation is similarly required to establish the employee’s specialized knowledge, and confirmation is required that the position in Canada requires such knowledge.

7. What are the company and worker qualification criteria under intra-company transfer?

The company must have a qualifying business relationship such as a parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate (this does not include franchise or license agreements). The employee must be employed with the company in a foreign jurisdiction on a permanent and continuous basis in a similar position.

If you have more questions about Canadian immigration, get in touch with the experts at TCAD Immigration Solutions. We are a licensed immigration consultancy firm in Mississauga, Ontario. We rapidly adapt to the market’s changing needs and offer assistance with sought-after pathways to come to Canada, including Startup visas. Our primary services include Express Entry, Canadian Experience Class, Provincial nomination, Spouse Immigration, LMIA, Work permit, Super Visas, Intra-Company Transfers, visitor visas, Investment categories, etc.

Get in touch with us today!

To learn more about how we can help you, please click here. To get in touch with us, please click here or call us at (647) 782-7199 or email us at